Q: In What Age Group Should I Register My Team?
- The 2022 Wasatch Soccer Classic will align its age groups with 2022-23 Club play, based on the US Youth Soccer Calendar Year mandate. When registering for the Wasatch Soccer Classic, teams should make sure they specify their team’s Fall 2022 age as the age group they will play in the tournament.
Q: What Competitive Division Should I Choose For My Team?
- The competition level is intended to provide a general indication of team strength and is used to help create divisions within age groups. The level requested by a team is NOT a guarantee that they will play in any particular division. The Selection Committee relies primarily on team records from previous play to guide the selection and placement process. Generally speaking, Platinum and/or Gold is the most competitive level and will have mostly Premier or upper Division 1 teams. Silver and/or Bronze will have mostly Division 1 and 2 teams, while Bronze and/or Copper will be the least competitive. The number of divisions within an age group will be determined only after registration closes.
Q: How Should I Complete The Additional Information On The Application?
- Most of the Additional Information section of the application is aimed at placing teams in the appropriate competitive division. Choose the competition level (Most Competitive, Competitive, Least Competitive) that you think best fits your team. For the most recent season of play, select the Division you are currently playing in or most recently completed. If you are a brand new team, you should note this on the application and enter information based on where you expect the team to be placed in the coming season. You can add any relevant information in the area reserved for Requests.
Q: If I Pay Our Entry Fee By Credit Card, When Will My Card Be Charged?
- Credit Cards are not run until your team has been accepted to the tournament. This could be as early as July 15, 2022.
CHECK IN FAQS
Q: What Is Team Check In?
- Team Check in is a mandatory online submission of documents and credentials to the tournament committee.
Q: When Is Online Team Check In?
- Once a team is accepted, required documents must be uploaded no later than Wednesday, August 10, 2022 at NOON.
- After required documents have been approved by the tournament committee, teams print their approved roster. (6) copies must be printed and an official approved roster must be brought to each game.
- A list of required documents is listed under the Check-In Procedures tab on our Tournament website.
Q: Where Is In Person Tournament Check In?
- There is NO in person check in.
Q: What Is A UYSA Affiliated Team?
- A UYSA affiliated team is a team that works under the umbrella organization of the Utah Youth Soccer Association and is affiliated with the US Youth Soccer Association.
Q: What Is A Non-UYSA Affiliated Team?
- A Non-UYSA affiliated team is a team that does not work under the umbrella organization of Utah Youth Soccer. This includes out-of-state teams, USYSA teams, US Club Soccer Teams, AYSO teams, etc.
Q: What Is The Tournament Roster?
- UYSA Teams: Your tournament roster is generated through the Affinity System. Detailed information for creating this roster can be found on the Team Check In page on this website. It lists the names and photographs of the players playing with your team. All players and coaches participating in the tournament, including guest players, must appear on this tournament roster.
- Non-UYSA Teams: Your tournament roster can be generated through GotSport or through your home state software. All players and coaches participating in the tournament, including guest players, must appear on this tournament roster. this roster MUST include photos.
Q: What Is The Player Participation Form?
- This is the UYSA Registration Form that each UYSA team should have for their players and provides consent for medical treatment. It is the form that is generated when a player registers with UYSA and may be found on the Check In Procedures tab of this website.
Q: Do I Need To Have A Medical Release Form (Player Participation Form) For Each Player At Check In?
- NO! We do not require a signed copy to be present at check-in. But it must be present at all games.
Q: What Paperwork Do I Need For Guest Players?
- Both UYSA and Non-UYSA affiliated teams must have a Guest Player form for every guest player that will participate in the tournament. Form can be found here. Both the Player Information and Guest Player Information sections must be completed and the form signed by all required persons.